Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Favourite: Japanese Illustrators

Yuko Shimizu
Yuko Shimizu is ace. But not because she has the same name as the person who invented Hello Kitty, no. Yuko does awesome drawings. And has a great blog for budding illustrators.




Gez Fry
Ok, so Gez Fry is only half Japanese but his manga style puts him into it as far as I'm concerned.




Shohei Otomo aka Hakuchi
Shohei Otomo aka Hakuchi adds the taste for the traditional japanese art with manga and noir, with a modern and distinguishing style. Beware the site is in Japanese but the images are still amazing.




Tsubaki Anna
The thing I really like about Tsubaki Anna is that the website is called Anna Rocks! I found this illustrator while I was in Japan and even used one of her designs as the basis for my half sleeve tattoo. That's how much I like her.




Ai Yamaguchi
Ai Yamaguchi is another illustrator I discover while being in Japan. The thing I really like about her work is the mural installations that she does, have a look below.





No comments:

Post a Comment