Thursday, June 13, 2013

And you thought you knew paper cut art...

I have to admit I was a bit blown away by the Paper Cuts of Nahoko Kojima.  No not the paper cuts that sting like hell (I always thought that death by a thousand paper cuts was an awesome threat and one that I have used). No, using a single sheet of paper Nahoko intricately cuts sculptures of animals, skull, objects and textures.



I don't think I would have the patience to cut it all out, or I'd make a mistake and lose it big time.  Plus my exacto blades are always blunt because I've used them to cut something inappropriate.

Nahoko is currently exhibiting in London and there is a small film (see below) about her work.  Take a peek, she seems pretty zen, and she owns a pug dog too which should appeal to the crafter girls....



Found via Juztapoz

No comments:

Post a Comment