Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY Survival: How to take a gut punch


Growing up with a brother and two male cousins saw me take my fair share of wrestling and violence (which may have a slight influence on my current occupation perhaps). The worst of these physical attacks was the gut punch, especially when caught unawares. It is also one of the best ways to knock someone down or out. Harry Houdini actually died from an unexpected blow to the abdomen, I kid you not. So today, I am going to help you to defend your self against the gut punch. There are basically three rules to remember:

1) Tighten your stomach muscles, if you have any that is...Mine are pure steel. I will never be caught unawares again. Amazing how you grow muscles when you refuse to ever relax them. I don't sleep either. I am truly diabolical. The world is screwed if it continues to resist me. I'm ranting, aren't I?! But you know what? I don't care.

2) Do not suck your abdomen in if a punch is imminent. This is bad. Very bad. Unless you want to be Harry Houdini.

3) If possible, shift yourself slightly so that the punch hits your side. This way all you do is crack some ribs rather than damage your internal organs, which apparently is better. Still means pain and suffering though.

So there you go kids! All you need to know about gut punches! Now get out there and practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment