Monday, August 27, 2012

InFlux: Mission complete.

So yes, I did finally manage to finish my piece off. I kept it all really simple and monotone. I began with huge ideas that included colour and a brass band but as we all know the cliche, sometimes it's best to keep things simple. So here is my finished piece, all 4.8m x 2.4m;

I really wanted to add some helicopters to it but didn't know whether to paste them or draw them on. The nice thing about spending a week with other artists is you get the chance to bounce ideas off of them. I wish I could take the credit for it but it was Phibbs who suggested the mobile of helicopters you see on each side. I really like the shadows it throws onto the piece too. HiiRagi domination of the skies...oh yeah...

Here is a detail of the mobile...

The show is on for a week at the Barn. You should check it out. 11am-4pm. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment