Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Terrain Training Tuesday:Evil Eyepatches

I know I'm looking at outfits but as usual I have been distracted by accessorising. I am only human. Now the appeal of the eye patch, other than the ones worn by the HiiRagi Army, is that they convey a silent threat that the person wearing the eyepatch is 1) an experienced combatant; or 2) a badass; or BOTH. How awesome is that? You don't even need to say anything, in fact, I suspect it is better to play the silent type and just fix them with a one eyed steely glare ala John Wayne.

He may look friendly but you know he could turn at any moment....

Yep, Kurt Russell knows how to rock an eye patch, again and again and again...

This one just looks hot...go on admit it....nothing beats an eyepatch and a military uniform.

Even David Hasselhoff knows to rock an eyepatch. I have no idea what this image is from and quite frankly I don't want to...nor do I want to know why he is standing so close to that woman...

One thing to note is that characters who have an eyepatch in the parallel universe of comic, TV and movie land rarely seem to experience any problems with depth perception or suffer from the resulting reduced field of vision. In fact, sometimes the Eyepatch covers a perfectly functional - or specially functional - eye instead of the empty hole one might suspect. This is truly diabolical and much admired by me.

Yep, there's a couple of special eye patch wearers, just out for a stroll, taking in a bit of fresh air...

And finally as my fact of the day, the Norse god Odin actually traded an eye for a drink from Mimir's well of knowledge. That's what we need, a Well of Knowledge, I'm sure I have one laying around here somewhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment