Thursday, July 21, 2011

Illustrator Inspiration: Travis Chatham

Travis Chatham is a Californian artist trained at the Art Centre College of Design in Pasadena, California.  His bio is really cute.  He had three goals: 1) to be a Rock Star; 2) to be a Pro Skater; and 3) to be a Pro Artist.  Apparently he still working on being a Rock Star, ate too much to be a Pro Skater ( I know this one myself) and as for being a Pro Artist, he makes a living teaching and illustrating and being a fine art painter.  Sounds alright to me.



He lists his influences as Egon Sheile, Barry McGee, Margaret Kilgallen, Tony Hawk, Animal Chin and many more, all of them pretty awesome and worth checking out.  Besides these, he is influenced by covered up graffiti, in particular the graphic shapes that occur when it happens.  You can totally see this influence in the examples I have shared.



Once again, I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment