Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stupid.


The HiiRagi cause is based around the idea of destroying stupidity in all of its forms.  Now, I realise this is subjective but I am a dictator and so it is my opinion that counts.  However last night there was such rampant stupidity that I feel a need to make an example of it.  So if you're wondering what I find stupid, you're about to find out....

Now politics is not my favourite thing in the world.  I find that it is sensationalised, self serving and ego driven with little to no thought for the greater good of anyone and this is fueled by the lack of quality and balls in the media.  They would rather spend half an hour talking about Julia Gillard knitting in a photo shoot than anything that may be helpful to us.  So I watched the SBS news last night and up came the story about the Musilm Parliamentary secretary and the 'outrage' of people because he swore in on the Koran.  WTF?! This really annoyed me.  I have a few points..sorry...rants... to make on this:

Rant 1 -   Apparently (according to some professor) the Australian 'community' is a Christian 'community' and to not be Christian is to be un-Australian.  This is one of the stupidest things I have heard.  If this is the case, and despite my passport saying I'm Australian, I am not an Australian and neither is anyone I know.  And don't get me started on the Queen and Country bullshit.

Rant 2 - A vox pop afterwards had people saying ridiculous things such as we're at war with Muslims and they shouldn't be here.  Again WTF?!  Where do these people get their ideas from?  Oh, that's right Today Tonight and A Current Affair say he's a Muslim so he must be a terrorist.  Again, this is one of the stupidest things I have heard.  It is fanaticism and extremism that is the problem here regardless of what religion you are.  I've seen a few born again Christian's with an insane glint in their eye over my time...

Rant 3 - When did these people get a voice?  Social media (most of the time) is ridiculous, it gives those who stand by casting judgement and abuse because they are too scared to get out and do something a voice.  Read Roosevelts Citizenship speech to get what I mean.  Who are we to judge anyone else?

OK... I feel better now.  I'm probably just adding to the bullshit by responding but I was pretty pissed about the whole thing to be honest.  People should be able to just be who they are without fear or judgement.

No wonder why I'm building a Robot Army...

No comments:

Post a Comment